Once home to the Owen O'Cork Mills, Beersbridge Road in East Belfast is now the site of a mural depicting Polish airborne troops in the Second World War.
By 1939, the former home of Miss Isobel Sloan at 343 Albertbridge Road, Belfast lay vacant and the Second World War saw the site become an ARP Post by 1943.
Throughout the Second World War, ARP Posts sprang up across the city of Belfast including one next to WJ Holden's newsagents on Albert Street, West Belfast.
By 1939, the S Patton's Confectioners at 345 Albertbridge Road, Belfast lay vacant and the Second World War saw the building become an ARP Post by 1943.
The Albertbridge Road is one of the main thoroughfares connecting residential East Belfast to the city centre. The area sustained heavy damage in the Blitz.
During the Second World War, Bloomfield Avenue in East Belfast was one site of the Belfast Rope Works, the largest works of its kind anywhere in the world.
Clonard Gardens in West Belfast was the site of Clonard Monastery where Catholic and Protestant neighbours sheltered together during the Belfast Blitz.
West Belfast was home to Northern Ireland's only recipient of the Victoria Cross during the Second World War. The area escaped the worst of the Blitz.
In 1939, a Gospel Hall stood between Nos. 9 and 11 Abetta Parade in East Belfast. By 1943, the Second World War necessitated its use as a ARP Post 416.