Armagh Road Presbyterian Church, Portadown, Co. Armagh welcomed members of the United States Army to a special service of gospel songs on 2nd April 1944.
In 1943, an Advance Detachment of African American GIs of 6th Cavalry arrived at Stramore Farm, Gilford, Co. Down taking over the former British REME base.
During World War Two, troops from the United States Army's 6th Cavalry had a base in the Gilford Royal British Legion Hall, Mill Street, Gilford, Co. Down.
During the Second World War, troops from the United States Army's 6th Cavalry had a base in the Gilford Masonic Hall on Stramore Road, Gilford, Co. Down.
Gilford Orange Hall on Stramore Road, Gilford, Co. Down saw the arrival of an Advance Detachment of 6th Cavalry, US Army in 1943 before the unit's arrival.
Bannvale House, Gilford, Co. Down hosted elements of 2nd Squadron, 6th Cavalry, United States Army as they entered the European Theatre of Operations.
Madden Bridge Railway Station between Tandragee, Co. Armagh and Gilford, Co. Down saw the arrival of thousands of troops into the area during World War Two.
In January 1945, Drumadarragh House, Doagh, Co. Antrim became the Headquarters of the newly formed 2nd (Yser) Infantry Brigade of the Belgian Army.
The village of Doagh, Co. Antrim became home to Headquarters of 2nd (Yser) Infantry Brigade of the Belgian Army towards the end of the Second World War.