On 8th May 1945, 4th (Steenstraete) Infantry Brigade marched along Bridge Street, Banbridge, Co. Down as part of a parade to mark Victory in Europe Day.
Lough Erne is a popular resort in Northern Ireland for locals and tourists. In wartime, it provided an important Allied base for the Battle of the Atlantic.
In 1945, troops of the 4th (Steenstraete) Infantry Brigade of the Belgian Army occupied the grounds of Gilford Castle as they reformed in Northern Ireland.
Acton House stands between the villages of Acton and Poyntzpass, Co. Armagh. Built around 1775, it became a home to soldiers of the Belgian Army in 1945.
St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Cathedral in Armagh City, Co. Armagh held services throughout World War Two. Service personnel from many countries attended.
The village of Caledon, Co. Tyrone lies near the border with Co. Armagh. During World War Two, it provided bases for British, American, and Belgian forces.
Alexander House stands on the main street of Caledon, Co. Tyrone. During the Second World War, it was a home to Officers of 5th (Merckem) Infantry Brigade.
Caledon Camp was home to British, American, and Belgian soldiers at various stages of World War Two. The Belgian soldiers arrived for training in 1945.
Ranville War Cemetery is the final resting place of 29 men with connections to Northern Ireland. Each one died during fighting in the Battle of Normandy.