On 15th April 2016, Belfast City Council unveiled the first of several commemorative plaques across the city to mark the 75th anniversary of the Belfast Blitz.
In North Belfast, a number of plaques commemorate those who lost their lives as a result of the Luftwaffe raids in 1941 and mark the site of a temporary mortuary.
Two plaques commemorating those from the local community who died as a result of the Belfast are on the front wall of Carrick Hill Community Centre in Belfast.
Cityside Retail and Leisure Park stands on the site of the York Street Mill. A commemorative plaque recalls the events that unfolded during the Belfast Blitz.
The only commemorative Belfast Blitz plaque in South Belfast is on the wall of St. Aidan's Parish Church on Blythe Street. It commemorates 13 people who died.
Belfast Blitz plaques on both sides of the West Belfast peace walls commemorate those who died in the Shankill area and the usage of Falls Road Public Baths as a mortuary.
Now a modern leisure centre, the old Belfast Corporation Public Baths on West Belfast's Falls Road served as a temporary mortuary during the 1941 Belfast Blitz.