During the Second World War, elements of the British Army used the peatlands around Clonmore, Co. Armagh to train in preparation for battle.
On 24th September 1941, soldiers of 2nd Battalion, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers trained among the peat stacks on the Bog of Allen, Verner's Bridge, Co. Armagh.
144 Derrycaw Road Clonmore Co. Armagh BT71 6NA
One of the grandest houses in Co. Armagh was, and still is, The Argory. During the Second World War, it hosted a U.S. Army Tank Destroyer Battalion.
© 2023 WartimeNI | Design & Development: Scott Edgar | Hosted by: Big Wet Fish