On Belmont Road in East Belfast stands Campbell College, a grammar school that operated as a military hospital during the years of the Second World War.
Foxglove Street off Beersbridge Road, Belfast is home to a mural depicting Polish airborne forces and airmen who fought at Arnhem and in the Battle of Britain.
During the Second World War, streets off the Newtownards Road in Belfast sustained heavy damage as Luftwaffe bombs fell during the Belfast Blitz of 1941.
Parkgate Drive in East Belfast is home the The Oval, the historic grounds of Glentoran Football Club where a Second World War era pillbox overlooks the area.
Visitors to Rocky Road in East Belfast today can visit the beautifully cared-for memorial to members of the U.S. military who died while in Northern Ireland.
During the Second World War, the newly-built airfield at Sydenham accommodated squadrons from both the Royal Air Force and the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy.
Upper Newtownards Road runs through East Belfast towards Dundonald passing the sprawling Stormont Estate, where Northern Ireland's Parliament Buildings stand.
During the Second World War, officers carried out inspections of army battalions as they lined they open ground in east Belfast's spacious Victoria Park.