First Lieutenant Jacinth George Di Saverio (O-691967) served in 446th Bomb Group (The Bungay Buckaroos), 8th United States Army Air Force during the Second World War. Known as George and born on 15th June 1917, he was the son of the late Vincenzo “Vincent” Di Saverio and Giulia “Julia” Di Saverio of 503 Division Street, Jeanette, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
In civilian life, George gained his education as Jeannette High School in his hometown. He was a member od the Student Council, the Debate Club, the Fencing Club, the Alpha Hi-Ys, and Le Cercle Francais. On completing his education, he became an employee of the Department of Public Assistance at the Chamber of Commerce Building, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
During the Second World War, Di Saverio joined the United States Army Air Corps on 17th February 1941. He served in Domestic Service from 7th December 1941 until 15th December 1943, and in Foreign Service from 15th December 1943 until his time of death. First Lieutenant Di Saverio died on 14th July 1944 in Northern Ireland.
Burial first took place at Lisnabreeny American Military Cemetery, Belfast. After the war, Di Saverio was repatriated to New Sacred Heart Cemetery, Jeannette, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.