Redhall, Ballycarry, Co. Antrim dates from the 16th Century. The grand house sits in its own parklands in a rural part of Northern Ireland along the Causeway Coastal Route. John Dalway arrived in Carrickfergus in 1573, setting up a home at Redhall Estate with his wife Jane O'Neill.
In 1609, William Edmonston of Duntreath, Scotland purchased the estate from Dalway. He doubled the size of the property and made many other improvements before selling to RG Kerr in 1784. A complete remodelling then took place including the addition of walled gardens. The estate then passed to Mr. J McAuley, Mr. WJ Porrit, and Mr. GS Reade who all put their own stamp on the building. In 1927, Vice Admiral JWL McClintock bought Redhall Estate and the house remains in his family.
In 1945, Redhall, Ballycarry, Co. Antrim played host to 3rd (Rumbeke) Infantry Brigade of the Belgian Army. The Belgian unit formed in Northern Ireland and underwent training with the view to rejoining the war effort. In 1941, Red Hall had been a base for the South Notts Hussars. American and Czech officers and troops also spent time at the grand house in Ballycarry, Co. Antrim.
The house is privately owned and not accessible to visitors although it often features as a wedding venue. From there, guests will have views over Islandmagee and down to Larne Lough.