Troops from the United States Army came to Seskinore House, Seskinore, Co. Tyrone during World War Two. The base became a vital part of the military infrastructure in the area.
It was from Seskinore House that the United States Army managed the distribution of food and supplies to other bases. These supplies would arrive by railway to stations at Beragh and Fintona.
The grand house itself belonged to the McClintock family who traced their roots in Ireland back to 1597. An influential family, they also built a Chapel of Ease and the local primary school. Colonel John “Jack” McClintock of the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers was the last master of the house.
|Start Date||End Date||Unit|
|23rd November 1943||August 1944||Quartermaster Depot Q-111|
|4th November 1943||2nd September 1944||552nd Quartermaster Railhead Company|
|11th January 1944||11th May 1944||3019th Quartermaster Bakery Company (Mobile)|