Madden Station was a stop on the main Belfast-Dublin railway line during World War Two. Originally named Tanderagee and Gilford Railway Station, it opened on 6th January 1852.
The station closed on 4th January 1965. The platforms and old station house remain although the house is now a private dwelling. Nearby, a pair of Second World War pillboxes overlooks the railway bridge and a bridge over the Newry Canal.