Killicomaine Prisoner of War Camp, Portadown, Co. Armagh
The Killicomaine Prisoner of War Camp stood on the grounds of Killicomaine Castle or Irwin's Castle running onto Collen's Lane, now called Princess Way.
Acton House, Acton, Co. Armagh
Acton House stands between the villages of Acton and Poyntzpass, Co. Armagh. Built around 1775, it became a home to soldiers of the Belgian Army in 1945.
St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Cathedral, Armagh, Co. Armagh
St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Cathedral in Armagh City, Co. Armagh held services throughout World War Two. Service personnel from many countries attended.
Mrs. Maria Todd had been the organist at Tartarghan Parish Church for over 50 years when she died in a road accident during the blackout in October1940.
Lurgan, Co. Armagh
The Co. Armagh town of Lurgan played a major role in World War Two when the imposing Brownlow House became headquarters for the United States Army in 1942.
Brownlow House, Lurgan, Co. Armagh
Brownlow House overlooks the public park and lake in the Co. Armagh town of Lurgan. During World War Two it was a headquarters of the United States Army.
European Heritage Open Days Northern Ireland 2018
4th September 2018
On the second weekend of September each year, hundreds of historic properties in Northern Ireland open for European Heritage Open Days giving free access.
Keady Mill, Keady, Co. Armagh
Keady Mill was one of many in southern Co. Armagh. Established by William Kirk in the 18th century, it would see use by both British and American troops.